Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:28:28 -0400
From: KF_lists <kf_lists@...netops.com>
To: Brian Gallagher <bugtraq@...mondsea.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Critical Vulnerability in Altiris Deployment Server architecture

Altiris seems to have a wonderful track record for responding to
security threats. They pretty much blew me off too.

Anyone using Altiris Remote Control software, be aware that any user can
take SYSTEM privs from the nice tray icon.

I reported the hole to them over a year ago and I doubt they did
anything about it.
-KF