Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:25:26 -0400
From: David Brodbeck <DavidB@...l.interclean.com>
To: 'Tim Newsham' <newsham@...a.net>,
	Michael Wojcik <Michael.Wojcik@...rofocus.com>
Cc: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Update: Web browsers - a mini-farce (MSIE gives in)

This suggests that it's reasonable for a program to segfault because the
user made a mistake, instead of having some non-fatal form of error
handling.  I don't think that should be acceptable at all, though I agree
it's very common.  If I had a dollar for every time I've lost work because a
segfault or GPF happened before I saved my document...