Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:49:06 +0800
From: Liu Die Yu <liudieyu@...rella.name>
To: badpenguin@...e-h.org
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Disclosure of file system information in Mozilla Firefox and
 Opera Browser:

Target user doesn't need to click the OPEN button:
1. Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities can get it done(on Mozilla, an
internet page can't navigate to a local page directly ... but there are
ways to bypass this restriction).
2. Ask target to open an HTML file in a remote SMBFS folder - expecting
him to
mount -t smbfs [...] /mnt/[...]
and open "/mnt/[...].html" in Mozilla :-)

Attacker can *browse* target's folders and files(file content, filename,
filesize, and even the date).

http://editive.com/referrer