Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:23:11 -0800
From: Dan Kaminsky <dan@...para.com>
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: MD5 To Be Considered Harmful Today

>:~/misc/md5$ cat msg1
>I agree to sell you my horse ^Fita^, its saddle and harness for price   14000 dollars. Signed Bara

Except you can't do this, since the appended data needs to be identical
between the two files.  That's why I used the encrypted payload -- it
ties the semantic meaning of the embedded commands to posession of
vec1's series of bits, which is of course what a cipher is meant to do.

Your payloads differ but the above line is incorrect.  Your actual
appended files:

$ cat msg1
[terminal garbage]I agree to sell you my horse ^Fita^, its saddle and
harness for price   1 000 dollars. Signed Bara

$ cat msg2
[slightly different terminal garbage]I agree to sell you my horse
^Fita^, its saddle and harness for price   1 000 dollars. Signed Bara

--Dan