Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:04:00 -0300
From: shadown <shadown@...il.com>
To: "Hammud_Saway@...mium.trendmicro.com" <Hammud_Saway@...mium.trendmicro.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Trend Micro Control Manager - Enterprise Edition 3.0 Web application Replay attack

Hi,

If it doesn't have a client application cert, indeed it's a
vulnerability. If someone arppoison (well any MiM techniques that
could redirect the traffic to pass through you) could portredirect and
handle the ssl connection. And sniff it son it's not enough just ssl.
Could be done with stunnel, maybe? ;)

> We thank you for pointing out this to us and we are grateful that our
> products are "checked" for security issues! We can sometime like in this
> case just assume that all think of security issues but the truth is that
> IT personal have more than security to think about. So things like this
> are constantly missed!

I've tested officescan (last version)....weak registry permitions.
ie:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\ ->
NoPwdProtect = 1
(will enable to unload without pass, as your product doen't apply
permission on these reg keys)

I remember old versions weak pccsrv sharing permitions (default permission,
everyone fullcontrol I mean, comes to mind...infecting autopcc ?).
Does it still the same?

Cheers,
   shadown

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:06:31 -0800,
Hammud_Saway@...mium.trendmicro.com

--
Sergio Alvarez
Security, Research & Development

This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is
privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have
received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and
delete it from your system; should also not copy the message nor
disclose its contents to anyone. Many thanks.