Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:07:44 -0500
From: "Scott Jacobson" <sjacobson@...linc.com>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Google getting smarter ?!?!

I tried this and got the message on admin.php initially.  Subsequent
attempts return search results normally so it looks like Google will let it
through after you try it enough times.  It's likely they implemented this
because of the press surrounding the most recent phpBB exploit.  Several of
the news items covering the worm mentioned its use of google to find more
vulnerable sites.  While this isn't a new concept (using a search engine to
find vulnerable sites) it's likely Google wanted to avoid being perceived as
an attack vector.

Scott