Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:47:07 -0500
From: Thom Craver <tcraver@...p-com.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: AWStats <= 6.4 Multiple vulnerabilities - can't reproduce in
 6.3?

Jamie Pratt wrote:

> Still no dice on 6.3, even with the "config=www.site.org" etc,etc..
> same error. So.. Can we all agree that 6.3 is not vulnerable, because
> I'd rather not upgrade to a dev/unstable release for no reason...

I can confirm the bug on 6.3 running Apache 2.0.52.

Furthermore, ANY system command inserted in the system() call can be
executed.  This is a very serious bug.  Unpriviledged user or not, with
an  .rhosts file on a potential attacker's end, scp would work just
nicely, then a chmod, then execution of any script they wanted to upload.

This issue is not to be taken lightly.

Until this issue is resolved, we have commented out the Plugin lines:
# AWStats output is replaced by a plugin output
if ($PluginMode) {
       my $function="BuildFullHTMLOutput_$PluginMode()";
       eval("$function");
       &html_end(0);
       exit 0;
}

If a plugin is called, it is apparently ignored and the stats are displayed.

--
Thom Craver
Corporate Communications, Inc.