Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:58:35 -0800
From: Michael Silk <michaelsilk@...il.com>
To: Anatole Shaw <shaw_bugtraq20050218@...oloop.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: SHA-1 broken

I agree that an anaylsis of their results is nice and important, but
also I don't think that it will neccessarily lead to a new "perfect"
hashing function we can implement and forget about.

A nicer idea is to implement better code that allows us to modify our
internal hashing algorithms whenever we like, so that if (and when?)
new hashing strategies are broken (even by virtue of faster computing
power) we can adapt easily.

At least, this is the approach I'll be taking to the problem.

-- Michael