Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:50:59 +1000
From: Beau Henderson <silentbob@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Firefox Software Update

I've only had skin / addons updated via that method. I don't think its
meant to actually update firefox between releases, though I have seen
minor firefox updates in the 0.9.3 days if im not mistaken. Perhaps
its just not ripe enough to go primetime ? Either way, I think its
still suggested to uninstall firefox before installing any new
version. It would be nice if there was some official notice that
version upgrades are not supported through the firefox update option
especially for those less than comfortable with a computer. We don't
want those people switching back to .. whats it called now do we.

Anyways, im not sure this will get much attention here from the FF devs.

--
Beau Henderson
http://www.iminteractive.net