Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:27:17 +0100
From: "Ádám Szilveszter dr." <adam@....hu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: o2 Germany promotes SMS-Phishing

Hello,

While at it, we should not forget to mention that eg T-Mobile Hungary does
the following: When there is a new account activated that does not yet
have a voicemail box configured or similar, they will actually give you an
unsolicited voice call from a machine that says "Hello, this is T-Mobile,
if you would like to configure your voicemail now, then do this and this"
and, unless you hang up, will happily proceed with setting up your
voicemail, asking for your voicemail PIN etc, in the same call. Not even a
callback is requested. To top it off, I remember the call coming from an
undisclosed number (although I may be wrong). Now, *this* is a dangerous
abuse of trust. And they even call this user-friendly. I for my part hung
up immediately, but not everybody would do this I imagine... maybe
T-Mobile in DE does the same.

Regards:
Sz.