Date: 25 Mar 2005 20:23:20 -0000
From: <cyber_flash@...mail.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Brute-Force scanning the entire 32-bit IP space using Javascript.

Ever wonder how many HTTP web servers are running on the internet?

Last night I decided to write a Distributed IP Scanning tool using only plain Javascript. No special exe downloads are required. It runs right within the IE browser. For a demo on flash/warhol worms, please visit:

http://warhol.servehttp.com/

I have emailed www.Netcraft.com asking about their raw data and the ability to download it, but they said: "No, and no".

Are there websites that do have raw data listings of all web servers and associated IP's. I'm sure high-tech security companies definitely do!

SETI@...e project distributes chunks of raw radio outer space data, so I borrowed that technique and applied it to the IP space instead. ;)

Thanks for your time!