Date: 7 Apr 2005 07:19:41 -0000
From: Luca Ercoli <io@...aercoli.it>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Microsoft Explorer Denial of Service

Are you sure that the same GIF vulnerability has already been discussed?
Those are the disclosures already posted:

- Windows XP explorer.exe heap overflow [http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/354783]:
   (A malformed .emf file can cause an exploitable heap overflow)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Malformed GIF Double Free Code Execution Vulnerability [BID: 8530]

Do you see an heap overflow in my advisory?
Of course you know that "Microsoft Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe)" is different from "Windows Program Manager (explorer.exe)".

Maybe that the same vulnerability has already posted, but i haven't found anything.
Please, help me, give me the link of the 'precedent' disclosure?

Best Regards,
Luca Ercoli