Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:56:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paul Laudanski <zx@...tlecops.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Which is the best anti-spyware cleaner?

That is just what I was wondering -- from a community perspective.  We've
been running a survey and after 5,414 unique votes, the tally is in:

Source:

http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=30

1) Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal 25.36%
2) Spybot Search & Destroy 22.42%
3) Microsoft AntiSpyware 14.79%

This is from a list of 19 choices:

 Adware Away
 Aluria Spyware Eliminator
 Intermute SpySubtract
 Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal
 McAfee AntiSpyware
 Microsoft AntiSpyware
 NoAdware
 OmniQuad AntiSpy
 PC Tools Spyware Doctor
 Pest Patrol
 Spybot Search & Destroy
 Spycop
 Spyware COP
 Sunbelt CounterSpy
 Tenebril SpyCatcher
 Webroot Spy Sweeper
 Xblock X-Cleaner
 XoftSpy
 ZeroSpyware

Pollbooth http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=30

This is very interesting for Lavasoft.  Our previous poll with 2,605
unique votes on:

"Do you trust Lavasoft's Ad-Aware after they delisted WhenU as Spyware?"

Shows 60.31% said "No".

Src:
http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=29

The WhenU/Lavasoft survey ran right after WhenU was removed from their
dictionaries.  But we all know what happened afterwards.  Since then,
folks still trust Lavasoft as their number one choice.

What is not surprising are the results from the Aluria survey we also ran,
with 1,777 unique votes:

"Do you trust Aluria's Spyware Eliminator after the WhenU Deal?"

Src:
http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=28

86.04% said "No".  In our head-to-head survey above, 1.07% of voters
picked Aluria as "the best".

Internet users still opt for Lavasoft's free spyware cleaner.

--
Sincerely,

Paul Laudanski .. Computer Cops, LLC.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005
CastleCops(SM)... http://castlecops.com
CC Blog ......... http://blog.castlecops.com
Staff Blogs ..... http://busterbunny.castlecops.com
Our Vision ...... http://castlecops.com/postt63382.html

http://cuddlesnkisses.com http://justalittlepoke.com http://zhen-xjell.com

[This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.]

________ Information from Computer Cops, L.L.C. ________

  part000.txt - is OK
http://castlecops.com