Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:14:24 -0500
From: GulfTech Security Research <security@...ftech.org>
To: Christopher Kunz <christopher.kunz@...dened-php.net>,
	BugTraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Advisory 02/2005: Remote code execution in Serendipity

"[2] that leads to remote code execution. Unfortunately, this vulner-
   ability also exists in the PEAR XMLRPC implementation, and GulfTech
somewhat
   neglected to notify the vendors in question."

This is a very unfair statement as I did my best to hunt down everyone
using the vulnerable libraries. Both the PEAR guys and the PHPXMLRPC
guys were contacted several days ago, and I also took the time to
personally  contact everyone I could find using the vulnerable XMLRPC
libraries. I think it would be impossible for anyone to hunt down every
application using these libraries.

In regards to the vulnerabilities: No technical details will be released
by GulfTech until both libraries are updated because the holes are
identical and it would cause more harm than good. Anyone using either
vulnerable library should visit the official website pertaining to the
library and download any updated version. Again, technical details of
the vulnerabilities in these two libraries will be released in the future.

James