Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:15:08 +0200
From: Roman Daszczyszak <romandas@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: several vulnerabilities present in Belkin wireless routers

I can't comment on the Belkin stuff.  As for Cisco IIRC, telnet is
enabled by default, however it doesn't allow anyone to log in unless a
telnet password is set on the vty lines and the login command is
configured as well, and those are not set by default.

So, you can certainly use a telnet exploit against them because the
port is open, but you're not going in via the non-existant password.

Regards,
Roman Daszczyszak