Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:19:22 -0500
From: patrick <mccpat@...il.com>
To: Keith Phillips <kphillips@...rdreamcorp.com>,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Trillian Ver 3.1 saves password's in plain Text

Keith Phillips wrote:

>The issue arises when you click the link to your Yahoo mail under "My
>Mail Accounts". This creates an html file in the directory discussed
>below which contains user name and clear text password.
>
>KP

I'd just like to add that, while it may not be relevant, but Gaim does
the same thing (in Window$). It stores the passwords in plain text, in
the User accounts directory (ie. c:\documents and settings\user123).
More on that here. <http://gaim.sourceforge.net/plaintextpasswords.php>

--
Patrick M.
/* EOF */