Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:41:42 -0400
From: Keith Oxenrider <koxenrider@...-biotech.com>
To: <liudieyu@...rella.name>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: secure client-side platform

Something I have discussed with a friend but not explored wrt technical
feasiblity is a micro kernel residing in the system bios that emulates the
hardware it is residing on.  I believe under those circumstances it would
be impossible to prove you had a secure system without having an external
way of verifying the bios instructions.  This idea came to me when I read
about some bios chip that had 8 MB of memory; plenty to fit a micro Linux
kernel with room to spare.

Keith Oxenrider, CISSP