Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:43:28 -0500 (EST)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...re.org>
To: king_purba@...oo.co.uk
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Fullpath disclosure in roundcube webmail

>I try this request in my mailbox
>http://xxxx.com/roundcube/?_auth=3Dcf559dcf52d8801ccd51cd1f3ba3eca08d1b0
>bce= &_task=3Dma%60il then roundcube shows this warning

For the 3 people who might care about the distinction (e.g. vuln DBs
who exclude path disclosure), this appears to be a custom error
message, not one generated by PHP, and therefore a design choice by
the developer.

Notice that in the URL above, the "_task" parameter has the value
"ma`il" - an invalid value.

roundcube appears to perform some validation of the value, then giving
a verbose error message when the validation fails.

Near the end of index.php we have:

>   // only allow these templates to be included
>   $valid_tasks = array('mail','settings','addressbook');
>
>   // parse main template
>   if (in_array($_task, $valid_tasks))
>     parse_template($_task);
>

>   // if we arrive here, something went wrong
>   raise_error(array('code' => 404,
>                     'type' => 'php',
>                     'line' => __LINE__,
>                     'file' => __FILE__,
>                     'message' => "Invalid request"), TRUE, TRUE);

So __FILE__ is part of the error message, which is inserted into a
text template.  The relevant code is in program/steps/error.inc and
program/include/bugs.inc.

This is based on source analysis of roundcubemail-0.1-20051021.

- Steve