Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:17:03 -0600
From: "Burton Strauss" <Security@...llNetSolutions.com>
To: "'Bernd Wurst'" <bernd@...rst.org>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: MySQL 5.0 information leak?

Traditionally the schema for a database is NOT secure information.
Applications download this information to build queries on the fly.

The essential problem is relying on security by obscurity, "I have user
accounts (nss) that have publicly available credentials but noone [sic]
should be able to see how the database really is organized".

-----Burton