Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:28:29 +0300
From: ArkanoiD <ark@...ex.net>
To: Craig Wright <cwright@...syd.com.au>
Cc: self-destruction@...best.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	mjr@...um.com
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilites in new laws on computer hacking

nuqneH,

I'd even say, if you hire someone whose security knowledge is based solely
on breaking into systems, this guy will not able to produce valuable reports
for customers because his viewpoint is likely to be flawed; his knowledge on
protecting system usually falls into "patch-this-hole" pattern, not risk
assessment and secure design.

Not always (well, i myself was a very bad guy years ago), but i think it
is the main reason of big IT security companies policy "we do not hire hackers" -
not because they you cannot trust them - that is not true, they often have
a kind of own ethics strong enough - but just because they are almost useless.

There are exceptions, sure.