Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:12:28 +0100
From: "azurIt" <azurit@...ox.sk>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Evil side of Firefox extensions

>This is definitely a good idea, although I don't think it should be a
>compulsory feature (optional would be nice). If more people than just you
>have access to a machine at the end of the day there's no way to guarantee
>security. This is just another method of stealing information like a
>keylogger would (although admittedly, more intelligent).
>This isn't so much a bug as it would be user error (in my opinion), you

I didn't tell it's a bug.

>choose what extensions you want to install and if you're foolish enough to
>install an extension from an untrusted source then you can expect horrible
>things to happen.

I was primary talking about the internet clubs. FFsniFF was tested on _one_
computer in local internet club: About 30 sniffed accounts (mostly mail and
chat accounts) in two days.
There are also another ways how extensions can be installed into your browser.
For example by a some kind of viruses.

The only thing which I wanted to say is that there should be a way how to disallow
installation of extensions by anyone.