Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:10:39 -0400
From: "Geo." <geoincidents@....net>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: recursive DNS servers DDoS as a growing DDoS problem

> > Really? Ok educate me, how do you do this with Windows 2000
> > running MS dns?
> > (telling people to use another server is not acceptable)

> If Microsoft's products are broken, why souldn't I tell people to use
> something else?

You tell them whatever you like, they aren't going to switch just like they
didn't switch from exchange just because it installed as an open relay. The
whack-a-mole problem didn't go away with open relays until MS changed the
default to disable relay and it's not going to go away with open recursive
dns servers until they change the default there as well.

Geo.