Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 17:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...re.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: CoolMenus Event Remote File Inclusion exploit

botan@...uxmail.org said:

>#Website : http://coolmenus.dhtmlcentral.com/projects/coolmenus
> [Closed]

The new URL appears to be here:

  http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/projects/coolmenus/

>#ColMenus Event Remote File Include Vulnerability#

The CoolMenus code does not appear to be written in PHP.

Downloading the source code from the above URL, we see that there are
a couple ASP files, and mostly .js and .html files.

So, this code is NOT present in CoolMenus:

> require("event_inc.php");
>
>$start = filectime($news);
>
>$jetzt = time();
>
>$update = "$start"+"$timespan";
>
>if($jetzt >= $update)
>
>{include("artmedic_event_html.php");}

(I grepped through version 4 beta 1.06 just to be sure).

However, it looks almost exactly like the code from this disclosure
for Artmedic Event:

  [Kurdish Security #2] Artmedic Event Remote File Include Vulnerability
  http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/archive/1/432397/100/0/threaded

with a small difference in variables and file names.

With a download of artmedic event 2.0 from here:

  http://www.artmedic-phpscripts.de/index.php?page=338434555&f=1&i=734394556&s=338434555

we can see that the above code came from artmedic_event.php.

So:

- CoolMenus is being claimed to be vulnerable to PHP remote file
  inclusion, when it isn't written in PHP;

- source code is being quoted which does not exist in CoolMenus

- the quoted source code appears to be derived from artmedic event,
  although there are some changes that are not explained

In short, it is very difficult to figure out what vulnerability is
being reported, and for what product.

- Steve