Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:33:54 +0200
From: "Kornbrust, Alexander" <ak@...-database-security.com>
To: "David Litchfield" <davidl@...software.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
	<full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>, <ntbugtraq@...tserv.ntbugtraq.com>
Subject: RE: Oracle, where are the patches???

David,

You are right.

I have only a few things to add.

1.) In the April CPU 2006 patches for 9.2.0.7, Oracle forgot to sanitize
a parameter in one of the SDO packages. Oracle sanitized one parameter
twice (Copy/Paste-Error). Oracle assigned a new bug number (7520291) for
this issue. ==> Such bugs are a indication of a bad Q/A.

2.) 2 weeks ago I found a way to bypass dbms_assert in many cases.
Oracle is already informed. This means that many Oracle packages are
vulnerable again and the bugfixes against SQL Injection are often
useless.

I hope Oracle will fix most of the bugs until end of 2008.

Here my quote of the day...
http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/05/02/215721/Exploitedflawtr
acedasfarbackasOracle8.htm

[...]
"Oracle said that since its critical patch update is tested across
product suites, the company is limited in the number of fixes it can
include."
[...]

Cheers

 Alexander Kornbrust

 Red-Database-Security GmbH
 http://www.red-database-security.com

Arrival" -
> but boy - was that estimate way off! The ETA has now been revised to
the
> 15th of May - a whole month after the supposed patch release day.
>
> What about Oracle's track record on patch re-issuance? Let's look -
the
> January 2006 critical patch update was re-issued seven times, the
October
> 2005 CPU three times and the July 2005 CPU was re-issued nine times.
The
> story is the same for earlier CPUs.
>
> Mary, Mary, quite contrary to what you'd have us believe about
Oracle's