Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:44:07 -0700
From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@...bell.net>
To: public@...nk4dd.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: TSRT-06-02: Microsoft SRV.SYS Mailslot Ring0 Memory Corruption
 Vulnerability

There's still an unpatched DOS for the server service as blogged on the
MSRC blog:

Also - an additional point of clarification - its important to
distinguish that while MS06-040
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-040.mspx%20>
addresses a vulnerability in the Server Service it does not resolve the
Denial of Service issue I spoke about earlier on the blog in the
"Information About Public Postings Related to MS06-035
<http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/07/28/443837.aspx>" posting.
We are still working on the security update for the Denial of Service
issue and the report for it came in after we had completed our testing
cycle for MS06-040
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-040.mspx%20>.
With the importance and potential severity previously
mentioned regarding MS06-040
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-040.mspx%20>we
felt it was important to get the security update for MS06-040
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-040.mspx%20>out
as soon as possible. We'll continue working on the DoS issue and will
release a security update once it's reached an appropriate level of quality.

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs