Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:31:09 -0800
From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@...tools.org>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: PHP as a secure language? PHP worms? [was: Re: new linux malware]

<Peeve type="pet">
"They" (developers) and "it" (the secure language) are both moving
targets.
There is no "genetic memory" with the human race; any more than there is
an "inherently secure" language.  For every developer that learns how to
write "secure code", at least one more starts cutting his/her teeth in
the same language; possibly for the same reasons.  Anyone who insists
that there either exists a "secure language" or that the problem of
"secure code" can be "completely solved" is IMHO, severely deluded.
Neither will ever be even remotely true.
</Peeve type="pet">

If you have issue with someone's code habits, address it with them
first.  This is part & parcel to the "education" process.  If this fails
because of their unwillingness or inability to adjust, then you've done
what you can.  If this unresolved problem presents a public disservice,
then you report it.  Public opinion is a powerful motivator.

Jim