Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:34:48 +0300
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: sapheal@...k.pl
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: FreeRadius 1.1.3  SMB_Handle_Type SMB_Connect_Server arbitrary code execution

Dear sapheal@...k.pl,

 Please  correct  me,  if  I  wrong,  but  as far as I can see, 'server'
 parameter  is  taken  from  module  configuration.

static CONF_PARSER module_config[] = {
  { "server",  PW_TYPE_STRING_PTR, offsetof(rlm_smb_t,server), NULL,  NULL},
  { "backup",  PW_TYPE_STRING_PTR, offsetof(rlm_smb_t,backup), NULL,  NULL},
  { "domain",  PW_TYPE_STRING_PTR, offsetof(rlm_smb_t,domain), NULL,  NULL},

  { NULL, -1, 0, NULL, NULL }           /* end the list */
};

        rcode = Valid_User(request->username->strvalue,
                           request->password->strvalue,
                           data->server, data->backup, data->domain);

 That  is,  in  order  to  "exploit" this vulnerability you must control
 FreeRADIUS  configuration  file.  If you can control configuration file
 you  can  execute code in multiple ways, e.g. by specifying application
 to  be  executed on every request. That is, there is no security impact
 here.