Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 01:45:34 -0500
From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams@...ectsecurity.com>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Universal XSS with PDF files: highly dangerous

Hi,

I've implemented a Java EE filter that implements this algorithm.  Thanks to Amit for detailing this for everyone.

I've tested with Firefox and it appears to work in all three cases.  The deployment is simple, you just drop in the class file and add a few lines to web.xml.  There are a few configuration options, like token name, timeout, and encryption password.  Please help us make sure the implementation is right.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/PDF_Attack_Filter_for_Java_EE

Thanks,

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair
The OWASP Foundation
"Dedicated to finding and fighting the causes of insecure software"