Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:03:33 +0300
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: "Andres Tarasco" <atarasco@...il.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re[2]: [Full-disclosure] Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista ReadDirectoryChangesW informaton leak

Dear Andres Tarasco,

Agree,  but  actually,  I  mean  to  store  sensitive  data in different
location (different network share).

There  will  be  one  more  advisory,  it  will demonstrate symlink-like
attacks  on  Windows.  In the same advisory I plan to discuss problem of
secure data in insecure folder mode deeply.

E.g.  it's  quite impossible for administrator to _create_ secure folder
in  insecure  one  without not-quite-race conditions this folder will be
available  for  different bad things (without deleting network share, of
cause).  Under  POSIX  system  this  problem is solvable with umask, for
Windows it seems it was never discussed.

~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/
Æàëî ìíå íå ïîíàäîáèòñÿ (Ñ. Ëåì)