Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:20:00 -0400
From: Mario Contestabile <marioc@...puter.org>
To: 'Mark Litchfield' <Mark@...software.com>,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, vulnwatch@...nwatch.org,
	full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: RE: Your Opinion

Imo, what J Thompson _meant_ to say was, "It's a pain for security ISVs who
have to find creative ways of selling features which are part of the OS; We
don't care if it's better for the end user, we care about our bottom line.
OS vendors should make no efforts at securing their products so that we,
Symantec, can sell you things which should have been in the OS in the first
place."

outlaw@....net
http://bubbler.net/outlaw/blog