Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:18:08 -0400
From: "Bob Fiero" <bob@...talfloss.net>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

> Are we missing a possible solution? What does the larger
> community suggest?

RBLs such as SpamCop gave me an idea a few years back. We should build a virtual wall around the country.

Each and every ISP that has any interconnect with another country would need to be mandated to participate.

A cyber-threat type of 24/7 monitoring center with a palatable mix of
representatives of each ISP involved, government security, private
security entities, etc. would use an established set of protocols to
identify external threats. Companies like Symantec already have such
centers.

Once identified, and that threat is out of US jurisdiction, said IP
address(es) are identified and distributed amongst the participating
ISP routers and blocked. Shut 'em down, immediately. And just like
getting yourself on an RBL, have a set of protocols in place to follow
to get off the blocking list.