Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:00:05 -0700
From: Secure@...m.com
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: mike20061005@...mail.co.za
Subject: Re: 3Com's TippingPoint Denial of Service

TippingPoint is committed to assuring the security of our customers, and
we take all reports of potential security issues against our products very
seriously.

Even though this report seems less than credible, we would encourgage the
author of this "advisory" to contact us directly and provide us with
additional details and sources to allow us to investigate this claim.
All though there seems to be limited to no information available on how
this apparent "Denial of Service" would be carried out, we've  put our
resources towards attempting to reproduce the issue, and all versions of
our TOS have performed as expected with no DoS emerging.

Again, if the poster of this advisory has additional information available
that would allow us to successfully reproduce these claims, we would
appreciate if it was submitted to us for investigation.
Submissions can be made to secure@...m.com or on the web at
www.3com.com/security.

Kind Regards,
TippingPoint Security Response Team

mike20061005@...mail.co.za
04/24/2007 02:24 PM

bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
cc

Subject
3Com's TippingPoint Denial of Service

Vulnerability:       Denial of Service
Affected Product:    3Com's TippingPoint IPS
Affected Versions:   All

Author:              Corroded_Lunchmeats_X

Issue:
======

TippingPoint IPS is prone to DoS when a sequence of crafted packets are
destined for port 80.

Details:
========

When quickly flooded with packets destined for port 80, and an
incrementing
source port this causes the software to consume a huge amount of CPU time,
due to a badly written loop, causing the device to stop responding.

Credits:
========

The Kinders Kricket Krew, Aunty_Richard, The dinosaurs who died in the
explosion.

Disclaimer:

This  document and all the information it contains are provided "as is",
for educational purposes only, without warranty  of  any  kind,  whether
express or implied.

The  authors reserve the right not to be responsible for the topicality,
correctness, completeness or quality of  the  information   provided  in
this  document.  Liability  claims regarding damage caused by the use of
any information provided, including any kind  of  information  which  is
incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.