Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:31:14 +0400
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: "Michal Bucko (hackpl)" <sapheal@...k.pl>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Media Player Classic .MPA Div-By-Zero Denial of Service Vulnerability

Dear Michal Bucko (hackpl),

 DoS  against  e.g. Internet Explorer may be treated as a vulnerability,
 because  all  windows  are  closed  and  user  can  loose  some  useful
 information.  This is very low impact, but it is. In this case I see no
 impact at all. Resource consumption during dump file creation?

 Universal DoS against any media player:

 1. Create new file in notepad
 2. Type "Na!"
 3. Save file as exploit.mp3
 4. Open file in any media player.
 5. Media player fails to play.

 Is it vulnerability? Guys, not any application bug is security one.

--
~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/