Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:53:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...re.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: PHP parse_str() arbitrary variable overwrite

Nice find, although it's not really clear to me whether this is
intended functionality or not.  I assume it's not intended by
Hardened-PHP and Suhosin, at least :)

You didn't mention this, but even if register_globals is disabled,
this seems to work, at least in my PHP 4.4.4.

Try the code below with:

  ?var=new

  --> generates an error (display_errors=1) that var2 is undefined

  ?var2=new

  --> prints "var2 = new"

<?php
$var = 'init'; #