Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:34:45 +1200
From: <kiwicon@...icon.org>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: [CFP] Kiwicon 2k7 - Call For Papers

[-----------------------------------------------------------------]

     __ _      __    _        _
    /  ('>-   / /__ (_)    __(_)______  ___  '07
    \__/     /  '_// / |/|/ / / __/ _ \/ _ \
     L\_    /_/\_\/_/|__,__/_/\__/\___/_//_/

[-----------------------------------------------------------------]

After travelling the world to attend many excellent security conferences
with our compatriots, we decided it was time to pull finger and organise
one in Aotearoa, New Zealand.

This is the call for presenters for the inaugural Kiwicon.

[WTF?]

Kiwicon '07 will be a largely informal conference, organised by the
security community for the security community. It will be held in
Wellington, New Zealand, on the weekend of the 17th and 18th of
November, 2007.

It will focus on sharing information; ideas, code, and catching up with
other like-minded people from around New Zealand (and further abroad).

[Venue]

Our hosts for the weekend will be Victoria University of Wellington.

This location has the advantage of being close to cheap accommodation
and, more importantly, several good pubs. Details will be provided
closer to the conference date.

[Costs]

Kiwicon '07 is a non-profit event.

Attendance for the entire weekend will cost $50 for employed individuals
(self-employed and salaried). There is a discounted rate of $30 for
students and the unemployed.

Please do note that there are several good pubs in close proximity. We
anticipate the total cost of the weekend in money and dignity may be higher.

[Topics]

Suggested topics include but are not limited to:

     - Information Warfare / Industrial Espionage
     - Satellite Hacking
     - Echelon - Waihopai & Tangimoana
     - Lockpicking / Wiretapping / Bugs
     - Biometrics
     - Cellular Networks (GSM,GPRS,CDMA,3G,4G)
     - Phreaking / VoIP
     - Web Security
     - Wireless / Bluetooth / Infrared / Fibre
     - Exploitation Techniques
     - Access Control and Authentication
     - Reverse Engineering
     - Application Security, Testing, Fuzzing
     - Code Auditing
     - Virtualization
     - Malware (Viruses, Spam, Phishing, Botnets)
     - Banking / ATMs / Carding
     - Crypto
     - Forensics / Antiforensics
     - 0dayz!!!

We do not plan on having pre-determined time slots for presentations. If
your talk is only 20 minutes long, then you will only be talking for 20
minutes. The goal of the weekend is to share useful information - this
means flexible time limits.

We already have a number of excellent speakers confirmed, to get a slot
for a talk send an email to cfp@...icon.org with the following information:

Name:
Handle:
Country of Residence:
Employer (if applicable):
Brief Bio:
Presentation Title:
Presentation Length:
Presentation Synopsis:

[The Team]

Kiwicon is being duct taped together by the following people:

pipes - Doing it all wrong since 1973
bogan - Proprietor of fine minced emails since 1822
antic0de - What is Freelist[] anyways?
shammah - I know i left a rootkit around here somewhere
hntr - Will you post my bail?
metlstorm - True Norwegian back bacon
Joshua - Defcon 3: I lost my password

[Contacts & Further Information]

Email us: kiwicon@...icon.org
Check the site: http://www.kiwicon.org/
Drop by silc: silc.isig.org.nz:2706/kiwicon
Join the list: kiwicon-subscribe@...ts.isig.org.nz

:wq