Date: 22 Nov 2007 17:26:30 -0000
From: DoZ@...kersCenter.com
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: MySpace Scripts - Poll Creator JavaScript Injection Vulnerability

[HSC]MySpace Scripts - Poll Creator JavaScript Injection Vulnerability

Our MySpace Poll Creator script is the ultimate addition to your MySpace resource
site. The script enables your user to quickly and easily create a poll that they
can post to profile or bulletin to all their friends. Everyone loves to create a
poll and gather opinions and this isn't something that's available on every other
MySpace resource site.

Hackers Center Security Group (http://www.hackerscenter.com)
Credit: Doz

Risk: Medium
Class: Input Validation Error

Vendor: http://www.m2scripts.com
Product: MySpace Scripts - Poll Creator

* Attackers can exploit these issues via a web client.

Cross-Site Scripting:

http://www.victim.com/poll/index.php/XSS

Example of Advance Exploitation of the Application:

Once we have found that the application is vulnerable to JavaScript Injection we see
that there is a form that will be our source of input to alter page source code the Files.
Now we can advance this type of attack by injecting an evil script trough
/poll/index.php?action=create_new. Now we can inject any code into the Raw From Box
and submit. This will leave a persistent Code on the Server side.

Example: http://www.victim.com/poll/index.php?action=create_new

Only becoming a Ethical Hacker, you can stop a Hacker. Learn with out having
to pay thousands!- http://kit.hackerscenter.com - The most comprehensive security
pack you will ever find on the net!