Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:25:58 -0500
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Ken Schaefer <Ken@...penStatic.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Microsot DID DISCLOSE potential Backdoor

On Wed, 07 May 2008, Ken Schaefer wrote:

> What I don't see is any proof, in your article, that information from an installation of the Malicious Software Removal Tool was passed onto someone else in the government, without any other consent from the user and without any legal order compelling Microsoft.
>
> Cheers
> Ken

Proof? Are you kidding... Proof is in Microsoft's own words read
the article:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/145257/microsoft_botnethunting_tool_helps_bust_hackers.html

Botnet fighters have another tool in their arsenal, thanks to Microsoft.

/ COPIED FROM ARTICLE

The software vendor is giving law enforcers access to a special tool that
keeps tabs on botnets, using data compiled from the 450 million computer
users who have installed the Malicious Software Removal tool that ships
with Windows.

/ END COPY AND PASTE

Note the words "using data compiled from the 450 million computer users
who have installed the Malicious Software Removal tool that ships with
Windows. NOTE THE TERM SHIPS WITH WINDOWS. This figure probably doesn't
include machines who've installed it via an update.

Also note: (FACT) Your machine reports by DEFAULT until you turn it
off. You don't have the chance to agree or disagree to provide logging
information which IS BEING USED by law enforcement. In fact... YOU WERE
NEVER TOLD.

--
J. Oquendo

wget -qO - www.infiltrated.net/sig|perl