Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:26:07 -0400
From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry@...ryseltzer.com>
To: "Stefan Frei" <stefan.frei@...hzoom.net>,
	<bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: New Paper: More than 600 million users surf at high risk

A reply from Robert Hensing at Microsoft
(http://blogs.technet.com/robert_hensing/archive/2008/07/01/vulnerable-w
eb-browser-study-full-of-fail.aspx) says that your study did not include
minor version information for Internet Explorer, probably because such
information is not reported in the user-agent string. But fully-patched
copies of IE5 and IE6 are not insecure in the same way as an unsupported
version; Microsoft is still supporting them.

So is it true that your study calls anyone running IE7 secure, and
anyone running IE5 or IE6 insecure, regardless of their patch levels?

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/