Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 05:01:11 +0000
From: fcorella@...cor.com
To: websecurity@...appsec.org, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: countermeasure against attacks through HTML shared files

Hello,

I wanted to announce a Pomcor white paper that
looks at attacks through HTML shared files in Web
applications and proposes a countermeasure.  These
are essentially XSS attacks, but the usual
defenses against XSS are typically not available,
because shared files cannot be sanitized.

The paper is available at:

http://www.pomcor.com/whitepapers/file_sharing_security.pdf

I have not been able to find much prior work.
What I've found is discussed in Section 2 of the
paper.  If I've missed something, please let me
know.

Thanks,

Francisco Corella