Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:14:05 +0000
From: Adam Laurie <adam@...roup.co.uk>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: ANNOUNCE: RFIDIOt release RFIDIOt-0.1u

Herewith a new release of RFIDIOt, which is very much a work in
progress, but has some goodies that make it worth releasing now...

 From CHANGES:

v0.u - November 2008
add testlahf.sh script for testing LAHF units
fix -R reader type override in RFIDIOtconfig.py
add RFIDIOtconfig.py checking for global overrides in one of the
following locations (in search order):

	$(RFIDIOtconfig_opts)
	./RFIDIOtconfig.opts
	/etc/RFIDIOtconfig.opts

     options should be specified on the first line as if typed on the
command line, e.g.

        -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyUSB0

     command line options will take precedence over this file.

add -n (No Init) command to RFIDIOtconfig.py - allow modules to run
without hardware
add display of checksum-corrected MRZ to mrpkey.py
add jcop_mifare_access.cap - mifare access applet for JCOP
add jcop_mifare_access.gpsh and target in Makefile for installation of
jcop_mifare_access.cap
add jcopmifare.py test program for JCOP mifare emulation
add display of biometric features on FACE in mrpkey.py

The main event being implementation of mifare emulation on JCOP cards.
Installing the applet (see Makefile) and then running jcopmifare.py will
allow you to READ/WRITE data in the mifare sectors.

I've also added display of biometric features in the passport app if
present (and, yes, I realise there's a bug in the radio buttons - I'll
get to it at some point, but they were calling my flight... :)

Finally, I'm pleased to be able to supply the IAIK HF DemoTag at a
special discounted price to RFIDIOt researchers. This device can emulate
ISO 15693, ISO 18000-3, NFC and ISO 14443A 13.56MHz tags, and is
particularly useful for testing cloning vulnerabilities. Full details here:

  http://www.iaik.tugraz.at/content/research/rfid/tag_emulators/

RFIDIOt can be downloaded here:

   http://www.rfidiot.org/#Where

Enjoy!
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 20 7993 2690
Suite 117                           Fax: +44 (0) 1308 867 949