Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:10:20 +0200
From: lists@....io
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: CFP 26C3 / 26th Chaos Communication Congress

  26C3: Here Be Dragons
  26th Chaos Communication Congress
  December 27th to 30th, 2009
  Berlin, Germany http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/

Overview
========

is the annual four-day conference organized by the Chaos Computer Club
(CCC) in Berlin, Germany.First held in 1984, it since has established
itself as "the European Hacker Conference" attracting a diverse
audience of thousands of hackers, scientists, artists, and utopists
from all around the world.

We want you to join and be a part of this unique event which serves as
a public platform for cross-culture inspiration and borderless
networking. 26C3 is fun!

Topics
======

The 26C3 conference program is roughly divided into six general
categories. These categories serve as guidelines for your submissions
(and later as a means of orientation for your prospective audience).
However, it is not mandatory for your talk to exactly match the
descriptions below. Anything that is interesting and/or funny will be
taken into consideration.

Society
-------
Technology development causes great changes in society and will
determine our future. This category is for all talks on subjects like
surveillance practices, censorship, hacker tools and the law,
intellectual property and copyright issues, data retention, software
patents, effects of technology on kids, and the impact of technology
on society in general.

Hacking
-------
The "Hacking" category addresses topics dealing with technology,
concentrating on current research with high technical merit.
Traditionally, the majority of all lectures at 26C3 revolve around
hacking.

Topics in this domain include but are in no way limited to:
programming, hardware hacking, cryptography, network and system
security, security exploits, and creative use of technology.

Making
------
The "Making" category is all about making and breaking things and the
wonderful stuff you can build in your basement or garage. Most welcome
are submissions dealing with the latest in electronics, RepRaps,
lasers, 3D-printing, climate-change survival technology, robots and
flying UAVs, steam machines, alternative transportation tools,
guerilla-style knitting, and wearable hardware hacks.

Science
-------
The "Science" category covers current or future objects of scientific
research that have the potential to radically change our lives, be it
basic research or projects conducted for the industry.

We are looking for talks and papers on the state of the art in this
domain, covering subjects such as nano technology, quantum computing,
high frequency physics, bio-technology, brain-computer interfaces,
genetic hacking and hackteria, automated analysis of surveillance
cctv, map-making, psychogeography etc.

Culture
-------
Shaping the world we live in means making it more interesting,
entertaining and beautiful. The hacker culture has many facets ranging
from electronic art objects, stand-up comedy, geek entertainment,
video game and board game culture, electronically generated music, 3D
art, and everything that bleeps and blinks to e-text literature and
beyond. If you like to show your art and teach others how to make
their lives more enjoyable, this category is for you.

Community
---------
In addition to individual speakers the Chaos Communication Congress is
also inviting groups such as developer teams, projects and activists
to present themselves and their topics.

Developer groups are also encouraged to ask for support to hold
smaller on-site developer conferences and meetings in the course of
the Congress.

Further Information
===================

The Chaos Communication Congress is a non-profit oriented event and
speakers are not paid. However, financial help on travel expenses and
accommodation is possible. It needs to be agreed upon after acceptance
of the submission, though. Don't be shy and state your requirements in
the application when submitting your lecture and we'll work something
out!

You can find the preliminary agenda and additional information on our
26C3 website at http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/.

For further information and questions please feel free to contact 26C3-
content  (at)  cccv.de

Submissions
===========

All proposals must be submitted online using our online lecture
submission system at https://cccv.pentabarf.org/submission/26C3.
Please follow the instructions given there. If you have any questions
regarding your submission, feel free to contact us at 26C3-content
(at)  cccv.de but do NOT submit your lecture via e-mail.

Language
========

26C3 is an international event and we want to have a lot of
interesting talks in English for the benefit of our growing number of
international guests. So ideally we are looking for speakers who can
give lectures and/or workshops in either English or German. But while
we are interested in maximizing the quality of presentations, the
topic and its relevance to our community are our main concern. So
don't worry about your English skills: the language of a submission is
not a criteria for accepting or rejecting it!

If you're a native German speaker and feel insecure about talking in
English, have received criticism on your language skills from your
audience before, or if you just fear that the value and
understandability of your lecture might suffer, please offer your talk
in German.

Lecture Requirements
====================

Lectures should not exceed 45 minutes plus up to 10 minutes for
questions and answers. Longer time slots are possible if we feel the
topic demands it (please tell us if necessary). Workshops should
include a talk on the basic principles in the lecture programm and a
practical hands-on session in the workshop room.

Papers
======

Accepted speakers can optionally hand in a paper which will be
published with an ISBN in the 26C3 Proceedings. Papers will be
accepted in Portable Document Format (PDF) only and should be around
5-10 pages. The PDF file must not be password-protected or contain
other restrictions. Paper size should be DIN A4 (297x210mm) in
portrait orientation. All margins must be set to at least 2 cm (0.78
inches). Pictures should be high-contrasted, greyscaled and up to
300dpi. Apart from that, you are free to use any layout you want.

Slides
======

Accepted speakers are asked to hand in slides used in their talks.
Please use a well-known format for your slides. PDF is a wise choice.

Publication
===========

Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published online in
various formats. The Chaos Communication Congress Proceedings are
published on paper and online. Only reviewed and accepted talks and
presentations will be published.

All material will be available under the Creative Commons
"Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Germany" (BY-NC-ND) license
allowing free non-commercial redistribution of the material as long as
the original credit to authors and publishers is retained.

Licence URI: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/de/

We encourage contributors to publish their work under a more liberal
license; if you wish to do so, please state this with your submission.

Dates and Deadlines
===================

The deadline for submission is October 9th, 2009 Midnight (23:59) UTC.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail on November 8th,
2009 the latest. However, you may very well get your notification
earlier than that if needed. Final papers or slides are due by
November 27th, 2009.

* October 9th, 2009 (Midnight UTC) Submission due
* November 8th, 2009 (Midnight UTC) Final notification of acceptance
(or earlier)
* November 27th, 2009 (Midnight UTC) Final papers due
* December 27th - 30th, 2009 Chaos Communication Congress