Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:58:49 +0200
From: Thierry Zoller <Thierry@...ler.lu>
To: "Vladimir '3APA3A' Dubrovin" <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
Cc: bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
	full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	<info@...cl.etat.lu>, <vuln@...unia.com>, <cert@...t.org>,
	<nvd@...t.gov>, <cve@...re.org>
Subject: Re[2]: Update: [TZO-06-2009] IBM Proventia - Generic bypass (Limited disclosure - see details)

Hi Vladimir,

Please  understand  that  I will not enter that discussion any longer.
Please note that :
V3D> is not malware/intrusion or malware in the form unused in-the-wild
V3D>  is   not  vulnerability.

Is  false.  It  is  recognised malware,  else  the  test  woulnd't  make  sense -
obviously.

Regards,
Thierry

V3D> Thierry,

V3D>  I think inability of antivirus / intrusion detection to catch something
V3D>  that is not malware/intrusion or malware in the form unused in-the-wild
V3D>  is   not  vulnerability.  Antivirus  (generally)  gives  no  preventive
V3D>  protection.  They  can add signatures for your PoCs to their database -
V3D>  and that's how it works.

--
http://blog.zoller.lu
Thierry Zoller