Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:16:23 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: "Salvatore Fresta aka Drosophila" <drosophilaxxx@...il.com>
Cc: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: New vulnerabilities in CMS SiteLogic

Hello Salvatore!

> with very very low risk (you need to know the access to the control
> panel).

I'm agree with you that it's not vulnerability with very high risk, but it's
risk is not such low as you said. Because I have not such value of risk as
"very very low" (my minimum value is low aka "1/5") and for this kind of
vulnerability (which allow code execution for authenticated users) I'm
always giving risk value as moderate (aka "2/5"). Because there is a risk
for a site. And taking into account all those holes in CMS SiteLogic which I
reported to security mailing lists, which easily allow to gain access to
admin panel, the risk of this vulnerability is even growth (in combination
with other vulnerabilities).

> Many web hosting provider doesn't allow an user to execute commands

It's not a problem for serious hackers. Even those commands which allowed on
average server are enough for many things ;-).

> This is not a command execution vulnerability but an arbitrary file upload

I called this type of vulnerability as Command Execution (as a vulnerability
which belongs to Command Execution category in WASC TC v.1, or it can be
also used OS Commanding (WASC-31) class in WASC TC), because arbitrary file
uploading leads to code execution. Only in case if uploading of scripts is
not allowed, only other files, then I used term Arbitrary File Upload
(which belongs to Abuse of Functionality (WASC-42) class in WASC TC).

There is no "Arbitrary File Upload" class not in WASC TC v.1, not in TC v.2.
And in my work I'm using only WASC TC v.1 and TC v.2.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua