Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:59:49 +0200
From: Pete Herzog <lists@...com.org>
To: Simon Kilvington <s.kilvington@...s.qinetiq.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: The New ISO Hacking Standard

Hi,

Should they choose to accept the OSSTMM, ISO will take the OSSTMM 3,
rewrite it into ISO language, place the pieces in their other security
standards as needed, or as a whole into 1 security testing standard
(whichever they choose). What they charge for ISO documents is out of
our control at that point.

Furthermore, they will not say anywhere that it is the OSSTMM on the
document (something we disagree with but we will allow for the sake of
standardization). However, ISECOM may say that the OSSTMM is ISO xyz.

In the meanwhile, ISECOM will continue to offer the OSSTMM and
continue development with further versions. The typical ISO cycle is 7
years which by then they will absorb our future version and apply it
again the same way. The OSSTMM will not suddenly cease to exist and
development will continue. We will continue providing it as we always
have and it will continue to be free.

Sincerely,
-pete.