Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:35:39 +0100
From: Daniel Seither <post@...oc.de>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Remote Code Execution in ICQ 7

UPDATE:

This week, ICQ 7.4 (build 4561) was released. Even though the original
version of my exploit does not work anymore, the vulnerability was not
resolved: ICQ only changed the product ID that is included in the path
to the update file. If every ocurrence of "30009" in both python files
(see original announcement below) is replaced by "30011" and afterwards,
a new update.xml is generated using build_update_files.py, the attack
will still succeed.

Note to ICQ engineers if they're reading this: To really fix the issue,
introduce cryptographically signed update files.

- Daniel Seither