Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:05:26 +0300
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: advisory@...ridge.ch
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, security@...bum.org, abuse@...bum.org
Subject: Re: HTB22943: XSS in Dalbum

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:22:05AM +0200, advisory@...ridge.ch wrote:
> Vulnerability ID: HTB22943
> Reference: http://www.htbridge.ch/advisory/xss_in_dalbum.html
> Product: Dalbum
> Vendor: http://www.dalbum.org/ ( http://www.dalbum.org/ )
> Vulnerable Version: 1.43
> Vendor Notification: 05 April 2011
> Vulnerability Type: XSS (Cross Site Scripting)
> Risk level: Medium
> Credit: High-Tech Bridge SA Security Research Lab ( http://www.htbridge.ch/advisory/ )
>
> Vulnerability Details:
> The vulnerability exists due to failure in the "editini.php" script to properly sanitize user-supplied input in "url" variable.
> User can execute arbitrary JavaScript code within the vulnerable application.
> Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could result in a compromise of the application, theft of cookie-based authentication credentials, disclosure or modification of sensitive data.
>
> The following PoC is available:
>
> [code]
> http://[host]/editini.php?album=/Sample%20album/&url=1%27%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%22XSS%22%29;%3C/script%3E
> [/code]

Risk level is medium in your advisory. My opinion is totally different. You need to be logged in to use this XSS-vulnerability to cause any damage. I would say that this is at least low, because of the impact vector. Did the vendor response anything?

Still not fixed by vendor.

Best regards,
Henri Salo